The RNaseP clan contains the RNA families RNaseP_nuc, RNaseP_bact_a, RNaseP_bact_b, RNase_MRP and RNaseP_arch. Homology between these families has been established in the published literature [1-7].
This clan contains 6 families and the total number of sequence regions in the clan is 6,395.
- Brown JW, Haas ES, Gilbert DG, Pace NR, Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:3660-2.: The Ribonuclease P database. 7524025
- Ellis JC, Brown JW, RNA Biol. 2009;6: The RNase P family. 19738420
- Brown JW, Nucleic Acids Res 1999;27:314.: The Ribonuclease P Database. 9847214
- Sbisa E, Pesole G, Tullo A, Saccone C, J Mol Evol. 1996;43:46-57.: The evolution of the RNase P- and RNase MRP-associated RNAs: phylogenetic analysis and nucleotide substitution rate. 8660429
- Welting TJ, Kikkert BJ, van Venrooij WJ, Pruijn GJ, RNA. 2006;12:1373-82.: Differential association of protein subunits with the human RNase MRP and RNase P complexes. 16723659
- Lopez MD, Rosenblad MA, Samuelsson T, RNA Biol. 2009;6:208-220.: Conserved and variable domains of RNase MRP RNA. 19395864
- Piccinelli P, Rosenblad MA, Samuelsson T, Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:4485-4495.: Identification and analysis of ribonuclease P and MRP RNA in a broad range of eukaryotes. 16087735
This clan contains the following 6 member families:RNaseP_nuc RNaseP_bact_a RNaseP_bact_b RNase_MRP RNaseP_arch RNase_P
External database links
|External sites:|| 1: http://www.mbio.ncsu.edu/RNaseP/home.html
For those sequences which have a structure in the Protein DataBank, we generate a mapping between EMBL, PDB and Rfam coordinate systems. The table below shows the mapping between the Rfam families in this clan, the corresponding EMBL entries, and the region of the three-dimensional structures that are available for that sequence.
Loading structure mapping...
This tool allows you to view the secondary structure images of two clan members side-by-side. Choose the family structures using the two drop-down menus below.
The table below shows the number of occurrences of each family throughout the sequence database. In brackets beside each number is the percentage of the total number of sequence hits for the clan that are represented by this family. The rightmost column provides a link to the alignments tab for each family.
|Rfam family||Num. regions||Alignment|
|RNase_P (RF01577)||18 (0.3%)||View|
|RNaseP_arch (RF00373)||175 (2.7%)||View|
|RNase_MRP (RF00030)||867 (13.6%)||View|
|RNaseP_bact_b (RF00011)||574 (9.0%)||View|
|RNaseP_bact_a (RF00010)||3,712 (58.0%)||View|
|RNaseP_nuc (RF00009)||1,049 (16.4%)||View|